Saturday, 27 April 2013

Re_texturing and Re-painting

The project has now become more focused on the design aspect of the characters, so I have gone back to re do some texturing because I wasn't happy with what I had. This time I have taken the model in mudbox to try and achieve a better stone texture.

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Time to paint. 

I did the painting in Mudbox to just because I find it easier and faster. I wanted to make the painting look like it had been done at a cheap standard which made the paint overlap in areas. This become more difficult than expected because I had to determine how much overlap was working and what wasn't.

The blue on the beard and the white on the shirt is to give the impression that the paint brush couldn't fit under chin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment