Saturday 10 March 2012

Loki Concept art half way through

I have been creating a final look concept where the final fight between Loki and the main character Lif could take place. Obviously I haven't designed Lif so I just imported a small silhouette, it is simple but hugely effective for the overal piece because it makes Loki look the size that he is. So far I am happy with the piece, all that's left to do is add the chained arms and weapons. Whilst drawing the clutching fingers on his torso, I had a thought of those fingers opening up and shooting out molten chain form the torso. This would look like a bug firing silk or spit at a prey.

After this piece is done, I will work on the turnarounds and get making in maya. It is all very exciting and I can't wait to see him in 3-D.

2 comments:

  1. Thought about adding texture to his skin and armour in the concept- like you've done for the chained rocks?
    To me the chained rock tail stands out, but the armour and head (or entire area above the lower torso) looks like it's going to be the most awe-striking part of the model because of how big and wide it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It defiantly needs something up on the top, I'm not happy with how mcuh I have lost the head.

    ReplyDelete