Tuesday 21 August 2012

Minor and Major project ideas


http://img.mit.edu/newsoffice/images/article_images/20110126153814-1.jpg


I have come up with a couple of ideas, I'm excited about them both but there is one I prefer over the other one. With the ideas I have I want them to use the combination of the minor and major project to strengthen them. By this i mean for example create a character and model it in the minor project and then animate it in the major inside a scene. 

So my ideas so far - 

1. For awhile now I have been doing a few tutorials on Digital Tutors, mainly the character modelling and the production rigging tutorials. This has given me a few extra skills in these fields. What I want to do is design a simple cartoony human character like the one we created in Alan's tutorials and then I want to recreate the production rig for the character which will give me an easy-to-work-with character. With this character I want to animate at least two small animation where I can work on every little detail of the animation. The animation Ideas I have is something like the character running and jumping of a roof and landing on the roof of the next building - this animation exercise will only be for the animation - rendering a beautiful scene or glorified textures will not be used here. -- This idea is only for the minor project, what I learn from all this will then be transferred into a bigger animation for the major project that will be rendered beauitfully and will have the proper animation it needs.

2. Possibly my favourite idea - for the minor project I want to continue the progress I made in the Transcription project which involves continuing the Norce inspired game that I had came up with. For me this would be the more exciting choice because video games and character design is the field I would like to travel in as a career. So with this project I plan to design atleast two characters, one of this character has to be a main character - this can be the hero Lif which the player will control, a revamped version of Loki (this could be interesting because I can work of the reaction I got with the old version) or possibly other characters that have a strong lead. The other character design will be from a choice of either the main character's steed or sidekick or the villian's henchmen or more excitingly the side monsters to that battle on your way through the adventure of the game. At the end of this project I will have two fully designed characters that have gone through endless designs and then the character will be modelling and textured. In the major project I will take these modelling characters and rig them and then animate them into their walk cycles, battle stances and also attacks - This will become extremely interesting when I attempt the magic attacks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment