Friday 23 September 2011

List of Westerns to take a look at for character design

I have been researching around for some good western movies to get the look and styles of those films. Once again Youtube has come in handy, some of the films I wrote down were:

  • The Great Train Robbery
  • The plainsman
  • Stagecoach
  • They died with their boots on
  • Billy the kid
  • The outlaw
  • Tall in the saddle
  • Red River
  • The Gun Fighter
  • Winchester 73
  • Gun fight at O.K.Corral
  • Rio Bravo
  • The Alamo
  • The long Riders
  • Barbarosa
  • Silverado
  • Young Guns
  • Dances with Wolves
  • Unforgiven
  • Dead man
  • 3:10 to yuma
  • Tombstone
  • The Good The Bad The Ugly
  • Once upon a time in mexico.

So that's a LARGE list to get through over the weekend, some I will watch only the trailer and some I will watch the whole thing. Hopefully from these I can get a good idea for some of my characters. Then I can cross reference them with Alien designs and the 80's cartoon designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment