Saturday 29 September 2012

Initial Sketches

I started my day by drawing some images from a character design book to warm myself up and learn.
 
 
 
I then used the research I have and did some warm up 6 cm sketches
 
 
Most of these are hideous drawings but I do like 13, 14, 10 just basically because of the forms and variety between them.
 
My drawings today were focused on cloaked figures and metal clogs. I used these materials with different shapes to make out the style of character. I used the triangles for evil and sinister and I used squares to make a bulky figure. And this is what I got.
 


 
I'm happy with the progress today but tomorrow I would like the leave the cloaked figure alone, because it doesn't open up to many possiblities to experiment on the body and it just looks like a lazy character.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment