Wednesday 13 March 2013

Fish update

I have been keeping myself busy by drawing some more images of the fish, I was keeping in mind the characteristics of the fish but trying to stay fresh at the same time. This allowed me to come up with some different styles and proportions - I have been enjoying my time with this fish so far.



I experimented with different scales - larger belly, large fins, larger eye - just so that I can experiment every possibility.




I drew some more images and tried working in some colour experiments





After a lot of experimentation, I came to the conclusion that the character just has to be black or possibly a ver park purple or blue.



I am now really happy with this character, the next job is to do expression sheets and turnarounds and then move on, there is plenty to do, and it is about time i did some designs for the pond. I pretty much know what it will look like because some of the design work was done in the animatic but I would like to focus in on some areas like the water feature and the plant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment