Sunday 3 March 2013

Modelling The Male Gnome 01


I have recently moved forward a little by starting to model the Male gnome character, it has been more difficult that expected mainly due to the fact that I didn't think about all the angles in my designs and that I haven't used Maya in awhile, which has lead me to be rather rusty.







The biggest problem I have had so far is attaching the beard to the jacket - The reason for this choice is because I wanted the character to look like it is made from one solid piece of clay. This obviously adds some problems when it comes to rigging and animation but hopefully with some help from Alan, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.



I am having a little problem with the hat and the overall shape of the gnome because I don't think it looks good enough yet, however I hope that is down to the fact that i'm not finished yet. 




These are the things I am looking to change.




The beard is the main focus of the gnome so that must have the most detail and the most work done to it, but it must allocate some room and freedom to the limbs. He looks a little skinny at the moment and I'm not to sure on the outfit, it doesn't give that impression of a one piece gnome discussed earlier, but it does give the legs freedom to move.


I'm really looking forward to the crit on Monday and the next couple of lessons because I need advise on how to make this character and the other characters, the best they can be in 3D form. Also he is not modeled correctly and he will be difficult to animate in this state so I must revise the old Maya lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment