Thursday 14 October 2010

Development ideas

I started the day buy having some poses taken of me; lately i've had trouble postioning the body the way I want it to on paper. So I posed in the postions I needed and drew from them.
From those studies I developed them into splices of a hyena. What i've changed is upper body strength, extra muscle definition in the back with a heightened spine and extra long hair all over the body.
I started with images that would show anger, power and teritorial but then I went onto the embarrased animal side of the splice. After watching 'The Elephant Man', i realised that the metamorphosis doesn't have to be evil. He could easily be ashamed of what he has become.










































































































1 comment:

  1. I like these too!
    you are a good drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete