Monday 15 November 2010

concept number 1

Here's a look at what the first concept image could look like, clearly it isn't finished yet but it's comfating to know that I have a basis waiting to be worked on. I've kept in mind the huge factor of colour, deriving from african art. When woking with the clay brush in photoshop, i managed to create this blurry look to the piece, which I become to really like because it adds emphasis of heat to the image. Heat and colour is the two key properties in the african landscape, so I made it a priority in my piece.
The improvements I would like to make is to create a bigger cut of point from land and sky, they blend together to much. The mountains could be brought down slightly and possibly shrink them to enforce foreshortening.























1 comment:

  1. You can certainly feel the warmth of those african influences in that sky burning the landscape! Try adding a few small details like trees or some form of shrubbery?

    ReplyDelete