Monday 15 October 2012

Initial sketches of cthylla





So heres a quick start on the visual look, for me this is just a warm up to see what it could look like. So far I am happy with these sketches but at the moment I am miles away from actually designing as can be seen in these.

What these sketches have shown me though, is that this mash up of creatures doesn't and shouldn't look like a mash up. I certainly don't want this creature to look like a cut and paste design. So other ways I want to experiment, for example is the use of the tenticles; It seems obvious that they dangle from the face like a Davey Jones character or dangle from the bottom like number 3 on page 1. But I want to use each part properly and to the creatures advantage.


This would mean I first need to decide what this creature is - Character for a game or movie? Most feared animal under the sea or above... or he could possibly be the much lower down the food chain which opens up plenty of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment