Thursday 18 October 2012

Starship Troopers - Big Bug Movie number 1

As a start to my new project proposal, I took a look at IMDB's "list of killer bug movies" - http://www.imdb.com/list/D8zjkPNidV8/ - and I watched the first one on their which was Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers.

I watched the film so that I could understand how they integrated the insects with the humans in one movie and also how the insects look and move. This movie was very rich in insects, I believe I saw five different types in the whole movie, each with a different purpose - The infantry bugs, the artillary bugs, The toxic flame thrower bugs, The smart brain bug and it's servants. Each bug is very districtive from each other and beautifully designed.


Behind the scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsbQyGxsDs

This behind the scenes shows that they animated the creatures with a robotic version of the insect, which for me has allowed the bugs to move sumwhat mechanical but I think it still works in a way that it gives them unnatural movements.

The next movie on the list is Starship Troopers 2

No comments:

Post a Comment