Thursday 25 October 2012

Working on number 5

As I wrote in the last post, number 5 was my favourite but it still needed work. The hands/pinsers for example weren't working correctly for me. So after sorting them out, I went into grey scale and I am so glad that I did because I think this is very successful for me! As you can see I also work into some colour, mainly on the shell to give it a glossy pop!

I think it is safe to say, hopefully without sounding to 'cocky', but I love this piece of work!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris - let's see a bit more here about the actual mechanics of this things - it's face/head area, for example. You need to keep some 'real world' anatomy in the mix, so looking really, really closely at the ways in which a cockroach's legs actually join and ambulate is the the next stage. You're producing some striking, menacing silhouettes and that's really encouraging, but you're going to have to drill into the nuts and bolts of this hybrid's anatomical logic and infrastructure.

    ReplyDelete