Wednesday 17 October 2012

One Liners


I wanted to use a one liner gag from a comedy that I have grown up watching so that it has a connection to me. I have started by looking at comedians like Stewart Francis, Tim Vine, Milton Jones, Lee Mack and Peter Kay. These are some of my favourites:

Stewart Francis -

  • I went into a library and asked the librarian if she had a book called "how to handle rejection without killing........ do you have it?"

  • I always wondered, "why does a Frisbee seem bigger the closer it gets...... then it hit me"
 

Lee Mack

  • "I got told by the doctors that I was infertile and that I couldn't have children, three weeks later my girlfriend was pregnant! who's the daddy!.........."

  • I was in Dixons today and a woman came up to me and said, "hey your that mad bloke off the telly", I said "Yep that's me!", She said, "No your that mad bloke, OFF the telly"


Milton Jones

  • I used to believe that sticks and stone could break my bones but words could never hurt me..... Until I fell into a printing press.

  • If your being interrogated by the police and it is being recorded, every now and then you should clap and go AOW!

  • I tell you what is a dangerous insect - Hepatitis B

  • I tell you what is a dangerous sea to swim in - Hepatitis C


Peter Kay

  • What do Mexican's put under their carpet - Underlay

  • My wife said to me the other day, "you don't take me anywhere expencive anymore", I said "Get your coat on, we're going out" She said, "where we going?"... "The Petrol Station"

  • A woman went to the doctors with a piece of lettice sticking out of her knickers, the doctor said, "that looks nasty", she said "It's the tip of the Iceberg"

  • A fella says to his wife, "Why don't you tell me when you orgasm", She said " I don't like ringing you when your at work"

5 comments:

  1. Milton Jones came and did a 'turn' at UCA a couple of years ago...maybe he will come back this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! that would be excellent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris

    Most of the gags above are either not visually descriptive enough (illustrative) or clever enough to challange you.

    Take a look at Steve Wright (link below). His comedy is sometimes hit or miss but it does challenges the auidience to think.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HYUyhujl4

    ReplyDelete
  4. At a push I would suggest the two below. But in each case they would need work visually to expand on the gag and take away the need for a 'pun' or the use of 'text' explanation (speech etc). Can you etll these gags in one frame (image) or three panels.

    I always wondered, "why does a Frisbee seem bigger the closer it gets...... then it hit me"

    I went into a library and asked the librarian if she had a book called "how to handle rejection without killing........ do you have it?"


    ReplyDelete